Free Work Schedule Template Alternative
Homebase does so much more than a Work Schedule Template
Save five hours every week
- Easily build schedule templates, or simply copy over a previous week’s schedule
- Use auto-scheduling for an automatically generated schedule– that you can edit– which factors in employee availabilities, seniority, labor costs, and more.
- When you’re ready to share your schedule, your employees will get a notification in the mobile app or via SMS, along with reminders on the day of their shift.
- Build your schedule in an easy, color-coded interface, with the ability to add shift notes, schedule someone for multiple shifts at once.
- Schedule your employees weeks or months in advance, and schedule by department or for your whole business in one place.
See everything you need to build your schedule in one place
- Get sales data, weather forecasts, and labor costs all in one place.
- See employee time-off requests and availabilities at a glance.
- Track labor costs and employee overtime as you build your schedule, even across multiple locations.
Save money with better scheduling
- Set a target labor cost as a percentage of sales, and track your scheduling against that goal.
- Reduce the risk of accidental overtime.
- Avoid scheduling too many employees during slow periods or inclement weather.
- With support for multiple wage rates, you can make sure you have the right mix of employees in the right roles to match your target labor cost.
Get greater insights into your business
- With the free Homebase time clock, you can track on-time percentages, time card errors, and much more — all compared against your team’s schedule.
- See labor costs as a percentage of sales over time.
- View scheduled vs. actual hours worked, for your whole business or by department.
Stay compliant with local scheduling laws
- As predictive or advanced scheduling laws take effect across the United States — and already law in some form in parts of California, Washington, Oregon and New York — you can stay compliant effortlessly by publishing your schedules in advance with just a few clicks.
- Comply with new minimum wage laws easily, and see how the changes impact your bottom line and labor costs as you’re building your schedule.
- With other scheduling laws going into effect — like the Massachusetts Blue laws and the New York Spread of Hours law — dedicated scheduling software makes compliance a breeze.
Why do you need a work schedule template?
- A work schedule template — or work scheduling software — makes it easy to calculate scheduled hours by employee.
- You’ll also be able to make sure you have every role filled for every shift at a glance.
- A template makes it easier to share your team’s work schedule in an easy-to-read format.
- A built-in calculator makes it easy to avoid overtime and help control labor costs.
How do you use this work schedule template?
- Download the template above. It’s an Excel file (.xlsx)
- Import it into your favorite spreadsheet program — Microsoft Excel, Apple Numbers, Google Sheets, or most others. Most should import .xlsx files
- If you need a free option, try Google Sheets.
- Customize the spreadsheet with your employees’ names, along with other data. Feel free to add in your business’s logo too.
- Once you’re done building your schedule, save it and print it out. Post it in a place your employees will see it, and email it to them if you have their email address.
What are the key elements of an employee schedule builder?
- Scheduling by employee and by role
- A weekly and monthly view
- A sum of hours by employee and by day
- A sum of labor cost by day and by week
- An overtime calculator with warnings