Make payroll painless.
Homebase automates your payroll process, so you can pay your team in a matter of clicks.
- Instantly convert your timesheets into hours and wages in payroll.
- Homebase calculates wages and taxes and sends the correct payments to employees, the state, and the IRS.
- We automatically process your tax filings and issue 1099s and W-2s.
Ditch the data entry.
You save time and reduce errors when your data is all in one place.
- When your team clocks in and out in Homebase, we instantly calculate hours, breaks, overtime, and PTO—and sync it all to payroll to help you avoid mistakes.
- You get to run payroll with just a few clicks. We’ll handle the tax calculations, send direct deposits, and file your taxes for you.
- Because your employees can self-onboard and e-sign their payroll forms, you don’t have to enter their tax or bank information.
Don't sweat complicated compliance tasks.
Homebase is here to help with your payroll paperwork and tax payments.
- We’ll help you set up breaks and overtime for your state to calculate hours and wages correctly.
- Homebase calculates, pays, and files your payroll taxes for you.
- We automatically submit your new hire reporting and file and distribute W-2s and 1099s.
- Homebase stores your time card records to help you stay compliant with FLSA record-keeping rules.
In addition to payroll, you can manage all aspects of your team in Homebase.
- Set up your roster and store employee information, including emergency contacts, certifications, birthdays, and more.
- Have employees e-sign forms and safely store their documents online.
- Share schedules, send messages, and get your team in sync.
Empower your team with a free, all-in-one employee app.
Our intuitive mobile app for employees means less training for them and fewer questions for you.
- Give your team on-demand access to their hours, schedules, earnings, pay stubs, and W-2s.
- Employees receive payday notifications, so they know when they’ve been paid.
- Enable them to submit and track time-off requests and work with each other to trade and cover shifts.
Offer perks and pay advances.
Think you can’t offer employee benefits as a small business? Think again.
- Homebase gives your team early access to their wages so they can handle emergency expenses.
- We cover all costs and liability. It’s free for you and doesn’t impact payroll.
- Your team can cash out before payday to avoid overdraft fees and payday loans—all without interest charges, credit checks, or late fees.
To make the switch, you barely have to lift a finger.
Homebase will set up payroll for you for free.
- We’ll transfer your payroll data to Homebase for you, so the switch is completely effortless and risk-free.
- We’re a team of proud payroll nerds. And we’re here to help.
Get payroll built for hourly teams.Everything you need to pay your team is $35/mo base + $5/mo per person.
- Integrated timesheets
- Unlimited payroll runs
- W-2s and 1099s
- Automated payroll tax payments & filings
- Direct deposit & printable checks
- Employee self-onboarding
Frequently Asked Questions
What's included in payroll?
A complete hourly toolkit
- Employee scheduling
- Time clocks & online timesheets
- Built-in messaging
- Team communication
- Job posts & applicant tracking
- New hire onboarding
- Team roster
- Employee payroll paperwork
- Paid-time-off policies & tracking
- Free payroll transfer service
- Overtime & wage calculations
- Multiple wage rates &
- Bonus & commission payments
- Pre- & post-tax deductions
- 2-day direct deposit for qualified companies
- Printable checks
- Automated payroll tax payments & filings
- W-2s & 1099s
- New hire reporting
- QuickBooks Online accounting integration
Tools for your team
- Access to schedules, hours, messages, wages, pay stubs & W-2s
- Payday emails & direct deposit notifications
- Easy-to-use app
- Online self- onboarding for W-4, I-9, W-9 & direct deposit forms
- Time-off requests & shift trades
- Early access to wages before payday to handle unexpected expenses
How much does payroll cost?
We know how important transparent, predictable pricing is when you’re running a business. That’s why Homebase Payroll is $5/month per active employee + $35/month base fee.
- Includes unlimited payroll runs.
- Pay as you go. Cancel any time
- Only pay for employees who get paid.
- 1099s, W-2s, tax filings, amendments included.
- Free set up and transfer services—no data entry for you.
Where is payroll currently available?
We’re adding more states all the time, but payroll is currently available to US-based customers located in the following states:
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- Washington D.C.
- West Virginia
How to run payroll
Small business payroll often results in a large headache as managers and owners learn how to do payroll manually. There are a lot of factors on the federal and state level you need to remember to prepare payroll for both hourly payroll and salaried employees every pay period.
However, with the Homebase payroll app, your payroll calculations are automated. This means that instead of pulling out your “payroll for dummies” pamphlet and poring over hours worked, social security numbers, and voluntary deductions, you can ditch the data entry since your online payroll information is covered by Homebase.
You don’t even need a time card calculator—Homebase converts your wages, hours, and minutes into your payroll summary report. Then Homebase calculates those wages and sends out the employee paychecks or directly deposits the funds into their bank accounts as part of their annual salary or gross pay, marking yet another item off your to-do list, whether you’re running restaurant payroll or payroll for another industry.
What is a good payroll example?
Your full-service payroll provider should save you time and reduce the risk of errors. Homebase makes that happen by keeping your data all in one place. Hours worked are instantly calculated, breaks and overtime are tracked, and it’s all synced to payroll so mistakes are easily avoided.
You don’t need to hang a payroll process flowchart in your office to run payroll successfully and avoid payroll fraud. Homebase lets you do it in a few clicks. Remember the days when you had to worry about Medicare tax, Social Security tax, health insurance, federal income tax, and other deductions? Those days are gone.