Homebase makes managing hourly work easier. Today, more than 60,000 local businesses rely on Homebase to save time with their employee scheduling, time sheets, and team communication.
At Homebase, the Data Analyst will work with the product and business teams to understand our users and give recommendations that shape the direction of our product and company. You will be our first full-time data analyst and help shape our data organization as we grow.
A successful candidate will have a deep understanding of data analysis overall, be bilingual in both “business” and “data”, and will always be proactive in surfacing opportunities for the Marketing and Product teams. You will be responsible for analyzing our data, making recommendations, and coming up with long-term projects that will help us identify key areas of opportunity for the business. You will guide us to the best decisions for our users, including analyzing user engagement, measuring the results of feature deployments and marketing, and generating new user insights.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Writing SQL to extract data from different sources and presenting that data in an easily understood way to both technical and non-technical people
- Building dashboards that help the teams measure and monitor the business they are bringing in and understand the health of their accounts
- Digging into event and log level data to find solutions to technical and business issues
- Thinking critically about how to best use data for driving business/product decisions
- 2+ years in business intelligence and data visualization
- Comfortable with: SQL, Excel and visualization tools (Periscope, Tableau, Snowflake, etc), data aggregation and warehousing
- Experience with R and/or Python is a plus.
- A passion for data, analysis, and problem solving
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to explain technical concepts and analysis clearly to a wide variety of audiences
- Fast-learner who is always looking to push themselves out of their comfort zone in order to expand their skills
What We Can Offer You
- A chance to be one of the first data analysts in a quickly growing, data-driven company backed by leading investors.
- Awesome data-minded co-workers with deep knowledge of and passion for our space
- The freedom to explore projects that you think will drive the most value for our business
- The opportunity to solve real-world problems for millions of local businesses and hourly employees.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to talk. You’ll be a core member of the Homebase team as we build a great company. You’ll make life better for millions of people, and be rewarded for the great work you do.
Homebase is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, sex, protected