Keeping your business running smoothly requires all your employees to be at the place at the right time. That means that all employees need to know when they are scheduled and adhere to that schedule. But there are so many ways to make your team’s schedule. How do you find the best employee scheduling app?
Use this guide to help you choose the best employee scheduling app.
Homebase is a free employee scheduling app built for your business. And best of all, it’s free. Try Homebase today!
What is an Employee Scheduling App?
An employee scheduling app is an online tool that allows businesses to seamlessly schedule employees and send that schedule to their team. There can be many additional features that sweeten the deal for businesses and employees alike, but let’s start with the core definition.
How Do Employee Scheduling Apps Make Scheduling Easier?
Businesses need to be able to map out a number of things: who will be working when, how many overtime hours are in budget when necessary, and how many employees need to be scheduled based on robust forecasting. Free online scheduling tools like Homebase allow you to make your team’s schedule, send it to your team, and keep an eye on your business on the go.
Homebase allows you to get employee scheduling software free. Try Homebase today!
How to Pick an Employee Scheduling App
Simplifying the scheduling process is a great perk for small businesses, but it really is the additional scheduling features that increase the impact of the best employee scheduling apps. Let’s go over each of these features to understand what they add to the scheduling solution.
What Is the Best Employee Scheduling App?
While we think you should come to your own conclusions about which employee scheduling app is best, Homebase has a number of tools built for your business.
Here are ten reasons why Homebase is perfect for your scheduling app needs.
- This software with your existing software. Homebase offers integrations with all major point of sale systems and payroll providers so you can make schedules, track time, and export timesheets to payroll.
- We’re more than just scheduling. With Homebase you can hire and onboard new employees, run time clocks from many devices, and export timesheets to payroll as well.
- Homebase helps you keep an eye on costs. With comprehensive labor forecasts, Homebase ensures that the right number of employees are scheduled each shift to keep things running smoothly. Having too many employees scheduled wastes resources and too few creates a bad experience for employees and customers alike.
- We’re here to help manage your employees. As availability changes and time-off requests roll in, Homebase updates automatically so that the next schedule will take this new information into account. No more dealing with an availability template or employee availability form! If there are open shifts available, managers are notified of which employees are able to fill in.
- With Homebase, you can build schedules from your phone. With drag and drop team scheduling, Homebase provides a visual representation that simultaneously calculates labor costs and allows a manager to make sure the schedule they create is within budget before they send it out to employees.
- Stay in touch with your team. Homebase sends alerts in real time to employees when the schedule and any relevant updates to it are published. Workers will also receive a notification with any available shift trades, which gives your team greater flexibility with their work schedules and reduces no-shows and late arrivals. The free Homebase app is available for iPhone and Android.
Ready to get started? Try Homebase for free today!
Here are some more reasons why Homebase is the best employee scheduling app for your team.
- Manage employee requests. Homebase lets managers know when requests for time off and to trade shifts come in. Not to mention, it notifies them when potential conflicts arise–like when a shift swap would lead to overtime pay that is out of budget. Whether employees and employers prefer to do this by email, text, or via a mobile app, all are possible with Homebase.
- Make automated schedules. If there aren’t many external factors that you have to take into account before making your weekly schedule, automation might be a good option. Not all workforce management tools will be able to completely automate the process, but the Homebase schedule maker helps streamline operations by comparing roles and availability with business needs and producing a schedule template for the manager to approve.
- Leave notes for your team when they clock in. Homebase allows you to save details to the schedule and automatically send them out to any employees that have shifts at that site. That way, they will understand the needs of that particular shift. This goes back to communication: when employees and businesses are on the same page, everyone can work toward the same goal.
- Homebase works on whatever device you’re on. Homebase has top rated Android and iOS apps, a great web platform for desktop or mobile web, and tablet and POS tools for clock in. Make your schedules, use our time clock, message your team, and prepare for payroll on whatever device you want.
Homebase is the perfect scheduling solution for all your needs. Try Homebase for free today!