Homebase integrates with Quickbooks! The integration allows you to automatically push labor hours tracked through Homebase time cards to your Quickbooks accounts.
This integration works with any version of Homebase but is only available to Quickbooks Online Plus customers. You can check what version of Quickbooks you have by going to your Account and Settings and then Billing & Subscription and then verifying your ‘Plan Details’.
Benefits of Integrating Quickbooks and Homebase:
- Automatic syncing of regular hours worked through Homebase
- Advanced labor cost management features and reports within Homebase, giving you greater insights into your business from the web or your mobile phone.
- Your Quickbooks employees can be imported into Homebase
What data syncs?
Homebase is able to export regular hours to Quickbooks directly. Quickbooks will not import overtime hours or other paid hours such as PTO or penalties.
Homebase does not send wage rates to Quickbooks.
Having the correct employee information is critical to avoiding duplication. Homebase tries to match to Quickbooks user by trying to match one of the following in order: payroll id, email, phone, name. You can edit employee information in Homebase by visiting the Homebase Team page.
Homebase does not import inactive employees from Quickbooks.
You can edit employee information in Homebase by visiting the Homebase Team page.
Employees newly synced to Homebase with emails will automatically get an invitation to join Homebase.
Connecting Your Accounts:
- It is important that you first fill in the names of your employees if they are not already present on your ‘Team’ page on Homebase.
- Once this is complete, navigate to ‘Timesheets’ and click the blue ‘Export’ button to connect your Homebase account with Quickbooks. You will be prompted with a warning message:
- You will be redirected to Quickbooks login screen to connect your account at which point the employee profiles will be linked
- Click the + icon in the upper right
- Click on ‘Weekly Timesheet’
- Q: As I continue to grow, should I add employees to Homebase first or Quickbooks first?
- A: We recommend adding your employees to Homebase first (which may happen automatically when you ‘add employees’ through our POS sync with an integrated POS)
- Q: If I have multiple locations do they sync all at once or can I select which ones to connect to my Quickbooks account?
- A: You will select each location individually
- Q: What if I have employees entered into Quickbooks already? How do they sync up with employees in Homebase?
- A: We try to match on one of the following in order: payroll id, email, phone, name
- Q: Why didn’t my employees export to Quickbooks?
- A: One reason would be if you already had a payroll ID set from another provider which would need to be removed prior to linking
- Q: Why did Homebase import old employees from Quickbooks?
- A: Homebase will not import employees from Quickbooks if they are not active OR the employee has a release date
- Q: If I only have one Quickbooks account but multiple locations on Homebase will my employee’s hours across locations sync to Quickbooks?
- A: No, Quickbooks can only sync with ONE Homebase location at a time. Quickbooks will only accept data from the most recently synced Homebase location. Any locations that were attached prior do not work. Which means QBO can only sync with ONE Homebase location at a time.