What can you do with Homebase?
- Track the hours you worked
- View your upcoming schedule
- Trade shifts
- Request time-off
- Set your availability
- Chat with your coworkers
How it works:
Scheduling. As your manager uses Homebase to build schedules, you will be assigned shifts to work. You can set your preferred availability, request time-off, and trade shifts using Homebase.
Tracking time. When you start each shift, you will clock in with your assigned PIN at a Homebase time clock (which could be either a point-of-sale system, a tablet, or a computer in store).
Your account. All your time clock data will be synced to your Homebase dashboard. You can view the hours you worked and your estimated pay.
Accessing the Web Dashboard and Mobile Apps
Planning (3 mins)
You’ve signed up to Homebase, downloaded the free mobile app, and have signed in to your web dashboard. Now what?
Get started by adding your employees under the Team tab of your Homebase web dashboard. As you add an employee, we will automatically send out an email invitation to them. The invitation will contain their PIN for the Homebase time clock, allow the employee to set their password and sign in to their account.
Once your employees are set up, we strongly recommend customizing your location settings and preferences via your web dashboard. Click here to sign in.
Your Location Settings
As you customize your settings, you’ll get a great idea of what Homebase can do for you. Use the top page navigation to customize for each feature.
Settings we recommend checking out:
- Time Clock & Timesheets: Manager alerts, breaks, overtime, and your payroll period (this is important for payroll time)
- Schedule: Your schedule start day
- Permissions: Customize what each role level has access to (like wages, sales, and the ability to edit time cards).
Your First Schedule and Clock In (3 mins)
Now that you’re set up with Homebase, it’s time for the fun part – your first schedule and clock in!
Scheduling With Homebase
Building a schedule with Homebase is easy. This short 30 second video covers some tips and tricks that will have you up and running.
Your First Clock In
As an owner, you may not need to use the time clock at all. That said, we recommend clocking in to a fake shift so that you can understand the process your employees will need to follow each day.
- Open the Homebase Time Clock app on your tablet or computer
- Enter your 4 or 6 digit PIN
- We emailed your PIN when you first signed up to Homebase. You can also find it again under the Team tab.
- Choose the shift you’re clocking in to
- If you had built a schedule, you would be prompted to select your scheduled shift
- You can also choose Unscheduled Shift if you were not scheduled for the day (this is useful when you call an employee in un-planned and they need to clock in)
- You’re now clocked in!
- At this point, we recommend taking a look at your Homebase web dashboard and your Homebase mobile app dashboard. You will notice that both now display your time clock information. This is exactly what you will see when your employees clock in and out
- Simply repeat steps 1-3 to take a break or clock-out. Wasn’t that easy?!
The Homebase web dashboard displaying employee time clock information.
As your employees clock in and out, their time cards are synced to the Timesheets tab of your Homebase web dashboard. This is where you can edit time cards and run payroll.
The Timesheets tab of the Homebase web dashboard – where you can run payroll.
You’re all set up and ready to go. If you have any questions or need further help: