You’ll drive product engineering end-to-end for the web and API components that make up our product platform. You will contribute to the evolution of our current engineering strategy and development process. Your challenge will be to build a variety of ruby based applications and APIs to support our web, iOS and Android front ends. You will also get a chance to develop on these front ends – there is lots of great work to do!
Who you are and what you do:
- 3+ years of software engineering experience.
- 1+ years with Ruby and Rails framework.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented design and design patterns, and how they apply to Ruby, Python, etc.
- Impressive understanding of SQL and data modeling for scalability and performance.
- Knowledge of mobile development best practices, both for the mobile web, and native applications.
- Able to compare various languages and frameworks objectively.
- Eye for good design and ability to implement ‘pixel perfect’ UI designs.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of Git, Github, and development using pull requests.
- Experience with building mobile applications (iOS, Android).