As a DevOps Engineer you are passionate about Reliability and great platforms that sing for our merchants and their employees as they do their work. You show your inspiration by bringing great technical ideas forward, influencing the Engineering team. You own uptime, physical infrastructure as well as development of core systems and applications. User satisfaction starts with Reliability!
You’ll drive Site Reliability that is the foundation of our platform used by thousands of our merchants and employees. You will contribute to the evolution of our current engineering strategy and development process. Your challenge will be to build to both maintain a high degree of stability in the platform and also to build efficient and scalable tools and processes that directly benefits the Engineering team overall.
Who you are and what you do:
- 2+ years industry experience as Software engineer and operations experience in commercial Linux environments.
- Track record of practical problem solving, excellent communication, and documentation skills.
- Experience maintaining AWS infrastructure.
- Configuration management (chef/puppet).
- Linux and bash familiarity, process monitoring.
- Open source software familiarity and configuration(nagios/munin/haproxy etc).
- Metrics and monitoring, database optimization.
- Rails stack understanding, scaling issues, caching.
- Experience administering Postgresql databases.
- Monitor and automate processes.
- Participate in a 24×7 on-call rotation.